Transitioning to Real Food Blends
Always consult your healthcare team before making any changes to your diet. This conversation is key, as they know your individual medical needs.
Bolus, Pump or Gravity – You Choose!
Real Food Blends meals and snack can be used as bolus, pump or gravity feeding with 14Fr G-Tube or larger. If consistency with gravity or pump feeding is a concern, dilute with fluids. Real Food Blends is made from whole food and therefore the consistency might vary. If this is your first time using real food, you’ll see that the consistency of Real Food Blends is thicker than your traditional tube feeding formula. This is intentional, as having a thicker consistency may allow for better GI tolerance.
Mealtime for People with Feeding Tubes
Having a variety of meals allows you to create a mealtime schedule like having our Eggs, Apples & Oats meal for breakfast and our Beef, Potatoes & Spinach meal for dinner.
An Easy Transition
If this is your first time using Real Food Blends, we’ve prepared an example transitioning schedule. We suggest a slow and smooth transition to our products. You can download our full Transition Guide here.
Do not hesitate to reach out to your Registered Dietitian for more information.
Choose a variety of meals
We offer six different meals and one snack to provide nutritional variety through different real food ingredients. Real Food Blends is the only range of tube feeding meals offering an assortment of fruits, vegetables, grains & protein from foods*.
Take the time to pick out different meals for each day. Check our label for allergens and nutritional values to ensure you or your loved one will get the nutrition they need. We suggest to mix & match our meals and snack to get nutritional variety.
Nutritional variety without limits
Each Real Food Blends meal or snack is made out of 5-8 simple ingredients. Real Food Blends makes having a blenderized diet a customizable experience for everyone.
- No dairy ingredients. Since this is a common allergy and intolerance, we do not have it in our products. Dairy
products or other foods that are good sources of calcium, such as fortified almondmilk, soymilk, plain yogurt, low-fat milk or kefir, can be added to the meals to meet your needs.
- No added salt**. Simply add iodized salt, chicken broth, etc. to meet your specific needs.
- No added synthetic vitamins or minerals. All the nutrition you are getting is from real food. If micronutrients are a concern, a 100% complete multivitamin can be a simple solution. We understand that nutrition isn’t one size fits all. Blenderized tube feeding, and therefore Real Food Blends, is customizable to help meet your nutrition needs.
- Add water to meet your hydration needs.
Always consult your healthcare team before making any changes to your diet. Your healthcare team will help determine the amount of calcium and sodium you or your loved one needs.
* with the exclusion of dairy.
** not a sodium free food.